The Arkansas Association for Play Therapy (ARAPT) is a state branch of the United States Association for Play Therapy. Our members come from throughout the state and represent a variety of mental health professionals. ARAPT is a 501(c)(3) organization that exists for the advancement of play therapy.
The following goals have been established by the leadership of ARAPT:
1. Seek to advance the discipline of play therapy
2. Conduct and foster programs of education in the field of play therapy
3. Promote sound play therapy practices in the interest of society and the individual
4. Advance high standards of professional conduct by conducting educational and professional meetings and conferences
5. Inform and educate the general public and the mental health community about the play therapy profession
6. Establish contacts with various organizations for support and educational pursuits
7. Advocate for the rights of children, their families and significant others
We were established as a branch and received non-profit status in 2007. Since then, we have supported the effective practice of play therapy through ongoing education and advocacy efforts. Due to increased public awareness efforts, interest in play therapy has reached an all time high.